Lehman Church is committed to providing a safe environment in which our children and youth can grow and experience a personal faith through Jesus Christ. The safety of our children, youth and those who work with them is a priority. In order to ensure this, we have adopted “safe sanctuary policies”. These policies follow the requirements set forth by the Eastern Pennsylvania Conference of the United Methodist Church.
All staff members and any persons who volunteer to work with children or youth in any capacity must complete the following:
- Volunteer application and reference checks
- Criminal record check (every 5years)
- Child abuse history clearance (every 5years)
- A yearly “Safe Sanctuary” training which reviews the policies set forth along with any changes or additions to the policies
- A signed “covenant” agreeing to the safe sanctuary policies of the church.
If you have any questions about our Safe Sanctuary Policy or would like to be trained, or view our materials, please contact the church office.